Bridal Makeup Trends 2024
Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life, and you want to look and feel your best. One of the most important aspects of your wedding day look is your hair and makeup. You want to choose a style that complements your wedding dress, enhances your natural beauty, and reflects your style. In this guide, we’ll share 10 trending wedding hair and makeup styles for 2024 that are sure to make you look and feel stunning.
1. ‘No Makeup’ Makeup Look
This trend focuses on enhancing natural beauty with light foundations and subtle lip colours, emphasising a fresh, clean aesthetic that radiates natural charm.
2. Wet Look Makeup
Ideal for summer weddings, this style gives a dewy, radiant appearance, mimicking the fresh, healthy glow of just-moisturised skin.
3. Brushed-Up Fluffy Brows
Emphasising full, natural brows, this trend frames the face and draws attention to the eyes, complementing the overall bridal look.
4. Blush Draping
Using skin tints to create a vibrant flush on the cheeks, this technique is for brides wanting to add a pop of colour to their makeup.
5. Monochromatic Glam
Utilising warm, earthy tones across the eyes, lips, and cheeks, this trend creates a harmonious, effortlessly stunning look that enhances natural beauty.
Trending Wedding Hair Styles
1. Relaxed Curls and Natural Texture
Celebrating natural beauty, this trend encourages brides to embrace their inherent hair texture. Whether you have gentle waves or bold curls, this style is about letting your hair’s true form shine, perfectly complementing the authenticity of your special day.
2. Smooth Low Buns
This timeless hairstyle is a nod to classic elegance. Ideal for various face shapes, smooth low buns are versatile, matching beautifully with a range of wedding gown styles from traditional to modern.
3. High Updos
Adding a touch of sophistication, high updos are perfect for brides looking to pair their hairstyle with accessories like veils and tiaras. This style exudes a sense of elevated grace.
4. Swept Back Hair
Suitable for medium to long hair, swept-back styles offer an airy, romantic look. It’s a popular choice for brides seeking a balance between refined elegance and a relaxed vibe.
5. Vintage Ponytails
This trend marks the return of softer, more delicate ponytails. It’s a versatile option for various hair lengths, bringing a blend of femininity and grace to the bridal look.
Skin Care Preparation Before Wedding Makeup
Preparing the skin before the wedding makeup application is a pivotal step in ensuring a flawless finish that lasts throughout the day. Proper skincare ensures the makeup adheres better, looks vibrant, and remains smooth. Here’s a guide to skin care preparation in the lead-up to the wedding:
- Start Early: Ideally, brides should begin focusing on their skincare routine several months in advance. This allows enough time to address any skin concerns and find products that work best for their skin type.
- Consultation: Consider seeing a dermatologist or esthetician to get personalised advice and maybe even undergo specialised treatments like facials, microdermabrasion, or chemical peels, if needed.
Establish a Consistent Daily Skincare Routine
- Cleansing: Use a gentle cleanser suited to your skin type.
- Toning: A toner can balance the skin’s pH and remove any lingering impurities post-cleansing.
- Serum: Opt for serums that target specific concerns, such as hydration, pigmentation, or fine lines.
- Moisturising: Ensure you moisturise daily, even if you have oily skin. Choose a moisturiser suitable for your skin type.
- Sunscreen: Daily sun protection is crucial to prevent UV-induced damage and pigmentation.
- Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation (once or twice a week) removes dead skin cells, ensuring a smooth canvas for makeup. However, avoid harsh scrubs, and consider using chemical exfoliants like AHAs or BHAs, which can be gentler and more effective.
- Hydration: Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated from within. Additionally, use hydrating masks or sheet masks to boost skin’s moisture levels.
- Diet and Supplements: Consuming a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals can positively impact skin health. Some brides also consider supplements like biotin or omega-3 fatty acids to boost the skin’s glow.
- Limit Potential Irritants: In the weeks leading up to the wedding, avoid trying new skincare products that might cause reactions. Stick to tried-and-true products.
- Address Specific Concerns: If you have particular skin concerns like acne, hyperpigmentation, or sensitivity, use targeted treatments or consult with a specialist.
- Pamper Yourself: Consider regular facials in the months leading up to the wedding, but avoid any aggressive treatments too close to the big day.
Night Before the Wedding
- Gentle Cleansing: Cleanse your face with a gentle product.
- Hydrating Mask: Use a hydrating face mask to give an extra moisture boost.
- Avoid Exfoliation: Skip any exfoliation to prevent potential skin irritation.
- Eye Cream and Moisturiser: Apply a good eye cream and finish with a hydrating moisturiser.
The Morning of the Wedding
- Cleanse and Hydrate: Gently cleanse your face and apply a lightweight moisturiser.
- Eye Cream: Apply an eye cream to address puffiness and dark circles.
- Primer: Before makeup application, use a primer suited to your skin type to ensure makeup longevity.
Why is it important to have a good hairstyle for a wedding?
Having a good hairstyle for a wedding is of paramount importance, and here are several reasons why:
A hairstyle that a bride feels good about can significantly enhance her confidence. When a bride feels confident in her appearance, it shines through, making her feel even more special on her big day.
Complements the Overall Look
A well-chosen hairstyle can perfectly complement a bride’s dress, makeup, and accessories, tying the entire bridal look together harmoniously.
Wedding photos are cherished for a lifetime. A timeless and flattering hairstyle ensures that when couples and families look back at these memories, they do so with joy and pride.
Comfort and Practicality
A good hairstyle isn’t just about aesthetics; it also needs to be comfortable and practical. Given that weddings often last several hours, it’s essential for the bride’s hair to stay in place and feel comfortable throughout the event.
Reflects Personal Style
A bride’s hairstyle is an expression of her style and personality. It allows her to showcase who she is, be it through a classic updo, relaxed waves, or a more avant-garde creation.
Cultural and Traditional Significance
In many cultures, certain hairstyles or adornments have deep-rooted traditional meanings. A thoughtful hairstyle can pay homage to one’s heritage and cultural values.
Enhances Facial Features
A well-executed hairstyle can highlight a bride’s best features, like accentuating cheekbones, elongating the neck, or framing the eyes. Conversely, certain styles can help downplay any perceived imperfections.
Sets the Tone for the Event
Whether it’s a casual beach wedding or a grand ballroom affair, the bride’s hairstyle can help set the tone and vibe of the wedding, giving guests a glimpse into the event’s mood and theme.
Depending on the wedding’s location and season, a good hairstyle can be practical. For instance, an updo can keep a bride cool for outdoor or summer weddings and ensure her hair remains frizz-free.
Beyond all practical and aesthetic reasons, having a beautiful hairstyle simply makes one feel good. And on a day as significant as one’s wedding day, every joyous emotion is amplified.
Stay updated: Trendy Wedding Hairstyles and Makeups
Knowing trendy wedding hairstyles and makeup is crucial for a variety of reasons, especially for those involved in the bridal and beauty industry, as well as for brides wanting to be au courant on their big day. Here’s why staying updated with the latest trends is essential:
For brides, being aware of current trends ensures that their look feels fresh and modern. This can be especially appealing to those who want their wedding photos to reflect a contemporary aesthetic.
For makeup artists, hairstylists, and wedding planners, staying updated with the latest bridal beauty trends is a mark of professionalism. It showcases their commitment to the industry and ensures they offer clients the most relevant and sought-after styles.
Versatility in Choices
Knowing a broad range of trendy styles provides brides with more options. While classic looks are timeless, having a variety of current styles to choose from allows brides to pick something that might resonate more with their style.
Even if a bride doesn’t wish to emulate a trend precisely, knowing what’s in vogue allows for inspired adaptations. Elements of a trendy style can be incorporated into a more personalised look.
Informed Decision Making
When brides are aware of the trends, they can make more informed decisions. Whether they choose to follow a trend, modify it, or avoid it altogether, knowledge empowers them to make choices they won’t regret later.
Enhances Themes and Motifs
Some wedding themes might align perfectly with current beauty trends. For instance, a boho-chic wedding theme might pair beautifully with a trendy, relaxed, and wavy bridal hairstyle.
For many, knowing that they are sporting a trendy look provides an added confidence boost. It can make brides feel stylish and in-the-know on one of the most significant days of their lives.
A unique, trendy hairstyle or makeup look can be a conversation starter, leading to memorable interactions with wedding guests.
For beauty professionals, staying updated with trends can stimulate creativity. It pushes them to learn new techniques, experiment with styles, and perhaps even set new trends themselves.
For professionals in the wedding industry, offering trendy styles can give them a competitive edge. Brides often seek out professionals whose portfolios reflect current trends and demonstrate their proficiency in delivering contemporary looks.
Choose Tina Kristen Weddings for your hair & makeup needs
Whether you want a soft and romantic updo, a bold red lip, or flawless skin and smudged eyeliner, these styles are sure to make you look and feel stunning. Remember, the key to choosing the right wedding hair and makeup style is to find a look that complements your wedding dress, enhances your natural beauty, and reflects your personal style.
And if you’re looking for professional hair and makeup services for your wedding, be sure to check out Tina Kristen Weddings. Our team of experienced and talented hair and makeup artists will work with you to create the perfect look for your big day. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start planning your dream wedding look!
Q: How Early Should I Start Planning My Wedding Hair and Makeup?
Planning your wedding hair and makeup should ideally start about 6-12 months before your wedding date. This allows ample time for consultations, trials, and adjustments. Booking your hairstylist and makeup artist early is crucial to secure their availability on your big day.
Q: Can I Do My Wedding Hair and Makeup Myself?
While some brides opt for DIY bridal beauty, it’s advisable to work with professionals, especially if you’re not experienced in makeup and hairstyling. Professionals have the expertise to create a polished and long-lasting look that will withstand the demands of the day. However, if you have strong makeup and hairstyling skills, DIY can be an option, but practice and preparation are key.
Q: What Makeup Products Should I Carry for Touch-Ups During the Wedding?
For on-the-day touch-ups, carry essentials like lipstick or lip gloss, blotting papers or powder for shine control, a small mirror, and a setting spray. These items will help you maintain your makeup’s freshness throughout the celebration.
Q: How Can I Make My Makeup Last All Day and Night?
To make your makeup last, start with a good primer, use long-wear products, and set your makeup with a setting spray. Additionally, blotting and touch-ups during the day can help maintain a fresh look. Your makeup artist can recommend products suitable for your skin type.
Q: What Hairstyles Work Best for Outdoor Weddings?
For outdoor weddings, consider hairstyles that are weather-resistant. Updos, braids, and half-up, half-down styles tend to work well. However, your choice should also take into account the specific outdoor location and weather conditions to ensure your hair stays picture-perfect throughout the event.